The Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work (PSCSW) was established in 1971 to promote and advance specialization of clinical practice within the social work profession. We are an organization of clinical social workers who practice in a variety of settings including family agencies, mental health clinics, psychiatric hospitals, medical facilities, geriatric settings, schools, and private practice throughout Pennsylvania.
PSCSW Mission Statement
The Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work, in accordance with our Social Work Code of Ethics and Values, provides support to Social Work professionals and graduate students with accessible resources to advance knowledge and education, enhance direct practice skills, build community and advocate for the Social Work profession and broader social justice issues.
- PSCSW was instrumental in creating licensure for clinical social workers in Pennsylvania.
- PSCSW lobbies actively to continue to protect licensure, as well as providing leadership, clarification and support on legislative and insurance issues that affect your practice in clinical social work.
- PSCSW Code of Ethics: These ethical guidelines are applicable to all Social Workers.
- PSCSW has developed standards for the profession and has produced enriching educational programs, a psychotherapy referral list, a mentorship program, an informative newsletter, and much more. Members share rewarding collegiality.
- PSCSW is a tax-exempt 501(c) 6 organization with a Board of Directors composed of committee chairpersons and member elected officers.
- PSCSW is affiliated with the Clinical Social Work Association (CSWA), a network of clinical social workers across the country. The Association represents and supports the interests of clinical social workers at the national level.
PSCSW's primary focus is advancing the professional concerns of clinical social workers through:
- Setting standards of practice
- Supporting adherence to a professional code of ethics
- Promoting professional development
- Advocacy on all levels
- Promoting public awareness of clinical social work
- Initiating programs of action for the purpose of achieving and maintaining practice licensure and vendorship
- Providing opportunities for continuing education
- Providing support to new professionals and students
Implementation of these objectives is achieved through:
- Continuing education courses on a variety of clinical topics
- Informal educational discussions in members' homes
- Yearly dinner meetings, with clinical presentations
- Informative newsletter, The Clinical Voice, and web site
- Membership e-list for the latest information on legislative, insurance, patient privacy, and other clinical, professional, and legislative information
- Membership Directory for professional networking
- Psychotherapy Referral List
- Study groups, peer supervision groups, and mentoring opportunities
- Lobbyists advocating in state assembly hearings on matters of interest to clinical social workers, and keeping members informed where grassroots support is needed
- Awards programs at local graduate schools
PSCSW members have access to consultation in professional ethics and standards of practice. PSCSW offers a reduced-rate subscription for the highly respected Clinical Social Work Journal and offers information about malpractice insurance. If you share our commitment to protecting and promoting the ethical and professional recognition of clinical social workers, we encourage you to join us!
What Is CSW?
Clinical social work practice is the provision of services for the assessment, treatment, and prevention of mental, behavioral, and emotional disorders in individuals, families, groups and communities.
PSCSW Board Members
|President||Annette Deigh, MSW, LCSW||(610) 637-4087|
|Clinical Social Work Association Liaison||Annette Deigh, MSW, LCSW||(610) 637-4087|
|Vice-President||Julie Agresta, MEd, MSS, LCSW||(215)317-0697|
|Past Presidents||(215) 840-9461
|Treasurer||Donald Deigh, MSW|
|Secretary||Aisha Shabazz, LCSW, MSS, MLSP|
|Members At Large||Nikida Allen, MSW, LCSW|
|Scott Cohen, MSW, LSCW|
|Carol Henning-Franczyk, LSW, ACSW||(215) 439-8354|
|William Thompson, MSS, MLSP, LCSW|
PSCSW Committee Chairs and Program Coordinators
|Education Committee Chairs*||Linda Brockway, LCSW, Elizabeth Grecco, MSS, LSW||(215) 316-2777|
|Governance Committee Chair*||Margaret Pope, MSS, LCSW||(610) 696-4900|
|Literature Resources Coordinator||Susan Hanway, MSS, LCSW|
|Legislative Committee Chair*||Renee Cardone, MSW, LCSW|
|Membership Committee Chair*||Johanna Levitt, MSS, LCSW||(856) 261-0135|
|Development of New Professionals Committee Chair*||Nena Stetson, MSW, LSW||(484) 612-3538|
|Clinical Awards Program Coordinator||Merin Wexler, LCSW|
|Low Fee Supervision Program Coordinator||Julie Moyer, MSW, LCSW|
|Mentoring Program Coordinator||Judy Kurtis, MEd, MSW, LCSW
Janet Laverty, MSW, LCSW
|Recent Graduate Support Program Coordinator||Kristi Schroeder, LSW, CADC||(862) 251-2660|
|Newsletter Committee Chairs*||Renee Cardone, MSW, LCSW|
|Nominating Committee Chair*||Jessie Timmons, LCSW||(215) 840-9461|
|Technology and Social Media Committee Chair*||Ned Hanover, MSW, LCSW||(267) 230-1220|
|Professional Seminars Continuing Education Committee Chair*||Lisa Correale, LCSW, NCPsyA||(215) 631-7166|
|Clinical Book Discussion Programs Coordinator||Scott Cohen, MSW, LSCW|
|Bucks County Programs Coordinator||Kelly Kampf, LCSW|
|CE Cosponsorship Programs Coordinator||Leda Sportolari, LCSW||(610) 668-1865|
Chester County Programs Coordinator
|Kanjana Hartshorne, MSW, LCSW, RYT500||(610) 790-3442|
|Coffee & Conversations Programs Coordinator||Marquita Bolden, MSW, LCSW||(267) 227-0122|
|Clinical Film Discussion Group Coordinators||Carol Henning-Franczyk, MSW, LSW, ACSW
Ben Adiletto, LSW
|Lancaster County Programs Coordinator||Kelly Windle, LCSW, MSW||(717) 507-8669|
|Post Masters Programs Coordinator||Leda Sportolari, LCSW||(610) 668-1865|
|Professional Standards: Ethics & Licensing Committee Chair*||Deborah Shain, MSS, LCSW, BCD||(215) 782-8666|
|Sociocultural Committee Chair*||Carol Henning-Franczyk, MSW, LSW, ACSW|
|Special Interest Committee Chair*||Kareemah Grossett, MSS, LCSW|
|Agency Practice Subcommittee Coordinator||Leslie Stickler, MSS, LSW|
|Cultural Diversity Subcommittee||Patricia Watts-Scheffel, LCSW
Symone Miller, LCSW
|LGBTQ Subcommittee Coordinator||Open|
|Policing in Social Work||Julia Lyon, LSW|
|Private Practice Subcommittee Coordinator||Jenny Sandler, MSW, LSW
Fran Gerstein, LCSW
|Recovery and Resilience Coordinator||Noel Ramirez, MPH, MSW, LCSW, BCD||(215) 688-7801|
|School Social Work Subcommittee Coordinator||Nikida Allen, MSW, LCSW|
|Social Workers of Color (SWOC) Subcommittee Coordinators||Odessa Clarkson, MSW
Alva Robinson, MSSA, LSW
|Social Workers in Healthcare Subcommittee Coordinator||Aisha Shabazz, LCSW, MSS, MLSP|
|Supervisors and Managers Coordinator||Monica Gocial, LCSW||(267) 496-9265|
|Student Support & Membership Committee Chair*||Aisha Shabazz, LCSW, MSS, MLSP|