The Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work (PSCSW) was established in 1971 to promote and advance specialization of clinical practice within the social work profession. It is an organization of clinical social workers who practice in a variety of settings including family agencies, mental health clinics, psychiatric hospitals, medical facilities, geriatric settings, schools, and private practice throughout Pennsylvania.
- PSCSW was instrumental in creating licensure for clinical social workers in Pennsylvania.
- PSCSW lobbies actively to continue to protect licensure, as well as providing leadership, clarification and support on legislative and insurance issues that affect your practice in clinical social work.
- PSCSW Code of Ethics: These ethical guidelines are applicable to all Social Workers.
- PSCSW has developed standards for the profession and has produced enriching educational programs, a psychotherapy referral list, a mentorship program, an informative newsletter, and much more. Members share rewarding collegiality.
- PSCSW is a tax-exempt 501(c) 6 organization with a Board of Directors composed of committee chairpersons and member elected officers.
- PSCSW is affiliated with the Clinical Social Work Association (CSWA), a network of clinical social workers across the country. The Association represents and supports the interests of clinical social workers at the national level.
PSCSW's primary focus is advancing the professional concerns of clinical social workers through:
- Setting standards of practice
- Supporting adherence to a professional code of ethics
- Promoting professional development
- Advocacy on all levels
- Promoting public awareness of clinical social work
- Initiating programs of action for the purpose of achieving and maintaining practice licensure and vendorship
- Providing opportunities for continuing education
- Providing support to new professionals and students
Implementation of these objectives is achieved through:
- Continuing education courses on a variety of clinical topics
- Informal educational discussions in members' homes
- Yearly dinner meetings, with clinical presentations
- Informative newsletter, The Clinical Voice, and web site
- Membership e-list for the latest information on legislative, insurance, patient privacy, and other clinical, professional, and legislative information
- Membership Directory for professional networking
- Psychotherapy Referral List
- Study groups, peer supervision groups, and mentoring opportunities
- Lobbyists advocating in state assembly hearings on matters of interest to clinical social workers, and keeping members informed where grassroots support is needed
- Awards programs at local graduate schools
PSCSW members have access to consultation in professional ethics and standards of practice. PSCSW offers a reduced-rate subscription for the highly respected Clinical Social Work Journal and offers information about malpractice insurance. If you share our commitment to protecting and promoting the ethical and professional recognition of clinical social workers, we encourage you to join us!
What Is CSW?
Clinical social work practice is the provision of services for the assessment, treatment, and prevention of mental, behavioral, and emotional disorders in individuals, families, groups and communities.
PSCSW Board Members
|President||Jessie Timmons, LCSW||(610) 256-8885|
|Vice President||Sylvie Beauvais, MSW, LCSW|
|Past Presidents||Diane Frankel, MSS, LCSW, BCDPatricia Isakowitz, MSW, LCSWJoan Pollak, LCSWLeda Sportolari, LCSW||(215) 680-5756
|Treasurer||Donald Deigh, MSW||(610) 583-2154|
|Secretary||Mallory Hanfling, MSW, LCSW||(267) 908-4966|
|Members At Large||Julie Agresta, MEd, MSS, LCSW|
|Amalia Miralrío, MSW, LSW|
|Cherie Older, MSW, LCSW|
|Carol Henning-Franczyk, LSW, ACSW||(215) 439-8354|
PSCSW Committee Chairs and Program Coordinators
|Clinical Social Work Association (CSWA) Representative*||Diane Frankel, MSS, LCSW, BCD||(215) 680-5756|
|Education Committee Chairs*||Linda Brockway, LCSWElizabeth Grecco, MSS, LSW||(215) 316-2777|
|Governance Committee Chairs*||Joan Pollak, LCSW Margaret Pope, MSS, LCSW||(610) 896-4448 (610) 696-4900|
|Legislative Committee Chair*||Claudia Dewane, DEd, LCSW||(717) 395-2084|
|Membership Committee Chair*||Johanna Levitt, MSS, LCSW||(856) 261-0135|
|Development of New Professionals Committee Chair*||Alexis Hansen, MSW, LCSW||(215) 346-7287|
|Clinical Awards Program Coordinator||Joan Pollak, LCSW||(610) 896-4448|
|Low Fee Supervision Program Coordinator||Julie Moyer, MSW, LCSW|
|Mentoring Program Coordinator||Nena Stetson, MSW, LSW||(484) 612–3538|
|Recent Graduate Support Program Coordinator||Amalia Miralrío, MSW, LSW|
|Newsletter Committee Chairs*||Marilyn Johnson, MSW, LSWMargaret Mason, MSW, LSW||(973) 868-1227|
|Nominating Committee Chair*||Patricia Isakowitz, MSW, LCSW||(215) 840-9461|
|Professional Seminars Continuing Education Committee Chair*||Lisa Correale, LCSW, NCPsyA||(215) 631-7166|
|Clinical Book Discussion Programs Coordinator||Paulina Naisteter, LCSW|
|Bucks County Programs Coordinator||Kelly Reed, MSW, LCSW, RYT, ALC|
|CE Cosponsorship Programs Coordinator||Leda Sportolari, LCSW||(610) 668-1865|
Chester County Programs Coordinator
|Kanjana Hartshorne, MSW, LCSW, RYT200|
|Coffee & Conversations Programs Coordinator||Marquita Bolden, MSW, LCSW||(267) 227-0122|
|Clinical Film Discussion Programs Coordinators||Mallory Hanfling, MSW, LCSWCarol Henning-Franczyk, MSW, LSW, ACSW|
|Lancaster County Programs Coordinator||Catherine Walker, LSW, HSV|
|Post Masters Programs Coordinator||Leda Sportolari, LCSW||(610) 668-1865|
|Professional Standards: Ethics & Licensing Committee Chair*||Deborah Shain, MSS, LCSW, BCD||(215) 782-8666|
|Sociocultural Committee Chair*||Claudia Apfelbaum, MSS, LCSW|
|Special Interest Committee Chair*||Julie Agresta, MEd, MSS, LCSW|
|Agency Practice Subcommittee Coordinators||Margaret Mason, MSW, LSWMelissa Speranger, MSW, LCSW|
|LGBTQ Subcommittee Coordinator||Cole Glaser, MSW||(610) 698-5445|
|Medical Social Work Subcommittee Coordinator||Edythe Shapiro, LCSW, ACSW||(215) 399-7567|
|Political Action Subcommittee Coordinator||Joanne Fleisher, MSS, LCSW||(215) 248-0844|
|Private Practice Subcommittee Coordinator||Julie Agresta, MEd, MSS, LCSW|
|School Social Work Subcommittee Coordinator||Candace Warren, MSS, LSW, HSV||(215) 740-4236|
|Social Workers of Color (SWOC) Subcommittee Coordinator||Annette Deigh, MSW, LCSW|
|Student Support & Membership Committee Chair*||Aisha R. Shabazz, LSW, MSS, MLSP|