Date: Sunday, January 27,18
Time: 1:00 pm
Location: Join us in our virtual group
(Please reach out to Noel Ramirez (email@example.com) for call in information.)
Preliminary results show from the poll:
- A need for additional training and skill development in working with folks struggling with behaviors and substance use
- A need to have a committee like this in our clinical society
- Inquiries about updates and training regarding current practices and resources
- Trauma theory and resilience training
- A space for peer 2 peer support for folks in recovery and/or working in the field.
Preliminary meetings will focus on here and now concerns, issues, discussions about social work practice and recovery/resilience. During the initial meetings, we will focus on whats going on for folks, interests, peer to peer supports, case presentations, self/recovery and will reserve a small amount of time for a business meeting to discuss programming and planning.
We are still in the process of formulating the essence of this committee and are committed to changes that best serve the group, the society and the larger profession.
For now, the groups will be virtual, but will be planning face to face groups throughout the year.
Please contact me with any questions. I look forward to your participation.
Yours in service,
- January 27, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm